Leaning towards nature, imagining a midnight garden, a sounding paradise of imagination. Imaginary moments flirt at the edge of the ears. Laughing water, sublime trees, leafs sweeping across, pushed by currents from other worlds. Thin tracery of moonlight between the toes, ripples and bends.
Tracklist: 1. Luc Ferrari - Petite symphonie intuitive pour un paysage de printemps 2. Emily A Sprague – Mirror 3. Beatriz Ferreyra – Hulleas Entreveradas 4. Eliane Raduige – Elemental I
Midnight gardens, deep pools of language reflecting the last quarter moons silver light. Wandering through this sound field together, sleepless birds and strange rhythms. Attracted and pulled in loops along dimly lit paths. Traveling between fields while the rest of the world dreams.
Tracklist: 1. Jimi Hendrix - …And The Gods Made Love
2. Susumu Yokota - Rose Necklace
3. She Keeps Bees - Longing (Eric Maltz Remix)
4. Olof Dreijer - Echos From Mamori
5. Yu Su - Make Your Escape 6. A Guy Called Gerald - The Universe (feat. Jennifer Neal)
7. A Guy Called Gerald - The First Breath
8. Khruangbin & Natasha Diggs - First Class (Soul in the Horn Remix)
9. Tsegue-maryam Guebrou - Golgotha
10. Pauline Anna Strom - Temple Gardens
11. Suzanne Kraft - Two Chord Wake
On the coast, oceans and birds, one step beyond the continental shelf. The last episode of the year, the first one I pre-recorded.
Deep synthesizer vibes, obsessive repetition, slow playback speeds, dubbed out nature and uniting vocals.
Tracklist: 1. The Architex feat. Slade – The Bridge
2. MLO – Birds and Flutes
3. Riki – Creativity Process
4. Laurie Spiegel – Drums
5. Eva-Maria Houben and John Hudak – organ of birds
6. Jolly Mare – Epsilon
7. IYAPO – sweet honey (wood//work theme)
8. TV Victor – Rendezvous in Space
9. DJ Deep – Swamps
10. Leonel – Pajaros de Montaña (Mountain Birds)
Skipping across my dream-time rainbow oil slick * Journey into the midnight hour.
Tracklist: 1. Swordfish - Lunchbox (the Agriculture)
2. Matic – Quasim Naqvi (Erased Tapes)
3. Clear and Distinct (Georgia Anne Muldrow Remix) – Henry Threadgil (Pi Recordings)
4. Cannon No. 3 – Molly Herron (New Amsterdam Records)
5. • – • • • – • • – – – • – – – Various Artists Erased Tapes 20
6. It’s A Lot – Krust (Crosstown Rebels) w/ Cecil Taylor (Imagining The Sound)
7. Ursgal – Enji (Squama)
8. Arpeggiating New Age – Superb C (unreleased)
9. Kern – Frank Bretschneider (Mille Plateaux)
10. Excursion 1 – Eric Maltz
11. The Day I Powdered and Snorted My Black Bones – aint about me
Midnight music for the midnight hour, in-between times jumping across genres.
Weaving that invisible thread, looking into disappearing mirrors.
Special set featuring a few records I brought back from Amsterdam:)
Tracklist: 1. Mother Earth - Adam F
2. Flutter – Bendik Giske
3. Tibet Part 2 – Mark Isham
4. Sarson – Memotone
5. The Spoil Factor – Danielle Dax
6. Space. 5 – Nala Sinephro
7. Mikrokosmos – Tri Atma und Gyan Nishabda
8. Chompitas – Hannah Lee
9. NY 1908 (EM Alt) – Interior Design
10. Lullaby – Karima Walker
11. Nunguryu Nunguryu – Australian Art Orchestra
Midnight music for the midnight hour, in-between times jumping across genres. Weaving that invisible thread, looking into disappearing mirrors.
Tracklist: 1. Topic – Yab Yum
2. Yek 132-11 – Burnt Friedman & Mohammad Reza Mortazavi
3. Badagada – Pamela Z.
4. E03 – Aryo Adhianto
5. Losing Too is Still Ours – Rachika Nayar
6. Musica Esporadica – Musica Esporadica
7. On the Lake – Triosk Meets Jan Jelinek ‘1+3+1’
8. Rhythm of Life – Michele Mercure
9. In The Form of a Sphinx – Lara Sarkissian
“How short a step it is, here, from reality to poetry” – Paul Klee Embraceable Silence / Disappearing Mirror explores music which frames silence, leaving a space for the listeners imagination to take flight.
Tracklist: 1. Wendy Carlos – Summer 2. Dialect – Under Between 3. Colleen – November 4. Koko – S/T – #5 5. Lady Smith Black Mambazo – Unomathemba 6. Fatima Al Qadiri – Sheba 7. Recloose – Bug Eyed Blues
8. At the Seas Edge – Douglass Quinn 9. Mind Melt – Deee-Lite 10. Nobukazu Takemura – Conical Flask 11. Mirna Bogdanovic – Melancholia 12. Or Safarti – When The Sun Came Out And I Wanted It To Rain 13. Maurico Takara – #1 – Mundo Tigre Vol.4 14. Leonel – Mountain Birds
“… this brings up a remark of Satie’s, that what we need is a music which will not interrupt the noises of the environment” – John Cage, Radio Happening – in conversation with Morton Feldman
Tracklist: 1. Morton Feldman - Why Patterns?
2. Joel Thome - Mission 1
3. Ale Hop - The Life of Insects
4. Diane Di Prima - Revolutionary Letters # 7, 13, 16, 49 & John Cage - Ryoanji
5. Carl Stone - Shing Kee
6. Photek - Rings Around Saturn
7. Earth Materials - Earth Materials 2
8. Julianna Barwick - Open
9. Lionel - Mountain Birds
underneath always, lightless ocean, immovable dune, the eyes of a thousand mountains whispering a laughter – threading the eons together.
Tracklist: 1. Daniela Huerta (ft. Cornelia Thonhauser) - Leit Motiv
2. RMP - Dehumanisasi - Dealienisasi - 03 4'30
3. Olivier Messiaen - Unreleased Piece, for Onde Martenot and Piano
4. Maurice Fulton - Feel The Same
5. Cecil Taylor - Poem from Imagine the Sound & Bill Frisell - Start
6. John Hassel - Timeless
7. DeeeLite - Picnic in the Summertime (Jumbo Jungle Remix by Ani)
8. Mamoru Fujieda - The Sixth Collection Pattern Xxiii
9. Beatrice Dillon & Rupert Clervaux - Study II
10. György Ligeti - Cordes A Vida
11. Samuel Roher - The Grid
12. Leonel - Pajaros de Montaña (Mountain Birds)
sound comes from and returns to silence.
tones can begin gently, a smooth fade upwards in the time it takes the sun to crest above the horizon, the earths shadow creeps across the moon - or sudden - the memory of a favorite shirt long lost, a stranger wearing a past lovers perfume, the distance between dreams.
breaking the silence can startle, be welcomed, be rude, can disturb, relax, over joy, under whelm.
underneath always, lightless ocean, immovable dune, the eyes of a thousand mountains whispering laughter - threading the eons together.
silence exists in all music, the unheard foundation. some musics work as hard as possible to blot it out, erase it. others embrace it,
flirt and sneak climb
scaffold and dance on the precipice of the vast empty echo.
so here, in the silent night hours, the in-between time, grave-yard time, in our raft we drift noiselessly, sounding for the space between tides, reflecting the gravity spin of lumbering planets, photographing star shadows, disappearing mirrors.